Who We Are - The Company
There is a better way to hire the right people.
HiringSmart was born out of necessity, originally created to solve common problems we found in many of the organizations we consulted with:
- They hired people who looked great on paper, only to find they couldn’t deliver because they didn’t fit in.
- They spent a huge amount of time (and money) to land the right person, only to have them leave early on.
- All too often, candidates didn’t even show up for interviews, or for their first shift after paid training.
We changed the game.
We started with a few new rules:
- Ditch the résumé. There’s no correlation between the information it contains (even if it is truthful), and how long a person will stay or how productive they’ll be.
- Measure what matters. Focus on fit first. Since most companies find themselves hiring for experience and firing for fit… maybe we should change the starting point.
- Let the candidate do some of the work. Job boards and other tools have made it too easy for candidates to spam their résumés out to hundreds of companies they’ve probably never heard of and certainly haven’t researched. Stop wasting time on candidates who have no skin in the game!
We’re not for everyone. Are we for you?
From the very beginning, our fastest growth has come from client referrals and introductions (though they usually want to keep us as a secret from their competitors and others in their vertical, which explains our broad base).
Those who like us, like us a lot. They count on us as thought leaders because we get them thinking about conventional problems in unconventional ways. Sometimes, we’re a little cheeky and irreverent… but we seek always to be productively provocative, because that helps their business.
And we’re just a little Wiki. Our product is always evolving; what you see today is the result of literally hundreds of requests, suggestions and ‘what-ifs’ from our clients over the years. You have them to thank for this.
Having said that, please don’t call us if you’re not prepared to try a different approach to solving your problem. You’d be amazed how many people fall into that category… but then again, if you’ve read this far, you’re not likely one of them, are you?
Good leaders know that ANY time is a good time to build employee involvement... but it is all the more important when times are challenging. It doesn't have to be complicated; modelling a few simple b...
Myth #7: There's no point in investing any time or effort in training and keeping these pesky Gen X and Gen Y kids. They're too disruptive to our business and won't stay for more than a year anyway.
Practice does make perfect when it comes to improving performance. Do you remember piano lessons when you were a child? The music teacher knew that you cannot teach a child to play the piano in a thre...